Tuesday, April 18

Would you fancy a scone, old chap?

Our trip to London was wonderful, as is evidenced by this small sample of pictures. I will pass along the link when they are fully uploaded at kodakgallery.com. Enjoy!





















Of course, this is such a cliche pic, but I had to do it! Geez, I'm short...and absurdly American (or else he's absurdly British!).
















I love this picture because it illustrates the Cotswold signage. So simple and lovely. I also love that you can see how the whole English countryside is from the background - perfection!
















This is the flat where my dad, mom, and brother lived in 1973. 63 Sevington Road in Hendon. Mom was dismayed that they'd painted the whole building white (including the door, she kept saying), and the room that used to be a bedroom (top left window) is now the kitchen. Definitely not as cute as when they lived there, but fun nonetheless!









I tried to take lots of pictures of English doors, just because I find them so fascinating. This particular door is one of my favorites - it has such character and intrigue. It was at the back of a church in Burford, and I just wonder what's behind it.

1 comment:

anne said...

love the picture with the guard...stole it and put it on my blog...hope thats ok.

the place you stayed is cute...wish more homes were like that here.

LOVE that picture of the door...it does not even look real! I am going to check out the rest at kodak.