Friday, April 28

A wonderful weekend!


Dad visited from Townsend, TN (right outside of Knoxville, nestled in the foothills of the Smokies) last weekend, and we had such a great visit. He'd not met the s.o. before, and they totally hit it off. I think Dad liked the s.o. better than he likes me!! :) Just teasing, Dad!

Dad brought all these cool pictures of our ancestors, so now the apartment is all decked out in Van Winkles. Did you know that the Dutch word "winkle" means "store" in English? And "van" means "of the."
I'm TOTALLY of the store! And my wallet knows it.
But, I digress.

This pic is of me and Dad at the Madison Farmers' Market; last Saturday was the first of the year, so there were lots of people, not so many veggies. It was great, nonetheless.


I'm off to Salem, OR tomorrow (yes, Saturday) to hang out with some colleagues who are staying the weekend there. Should be a good time. We'll work at the hospital Monday through Wednesday and fly back on Thursday.

I KNOW my s.o. loves me because he agreed to three straight weekends of my family. On May 14, he and I will drive to Chicago to meet my stepbrother and his family there (yay!); the next weekend, my brother visits from Dallas (super yay!); and the following weekend, he and I go to Raleigh, NC to visit my mom and stepdad for Memorial Day weekend (monster yay!). May will be a busy, fun, globe-trotting (well, just country-trotting) month.

Have a great weekend!

...scout's lady

1 comment:

Jane said...

Hey Lady,
My maiden name is Van Dinter......from the town of Dinter is what it means!
~Anne's favorite Mother in law.