Sunday, March 19

Things that I'm Enjoying

Here's a short list of things that have recently come into my life that I am truly enjoying:

  • Joan Didion's memoir - The Year of Magical Thinking, winner of the 2005 National Book Award.
    • After her husband's death in 2003, she writes: "I remember thinking that I needed to discuss this with John. There was nothing I did not discuss with John. Because we were both writers and both worked at home our days were filled with the sound of each other's voices. I did not always think he was right nor did he always think I was right but we were each the person the other trusted. There was no separation between our investments or interests in any given situation" (16).
    • I find this to be, in short, an illustration of what a good marriage is.
  • Rishi tea, particularly the Jasmine Pearl kind. It is sooo yummy, and they have such cool-looking tea pots and mugs.
  • Belle and Sebastian, a Scottish indie band - their sound is so upbeat and kinda goofy.
  • Barriques Market, a truly divine coffee shop/wine cave/deli just down the road in Madison. The interior is like a French cottage, and they have the most comfy couches and chairs next to their fireplace.
  • There and Back - another in the long line of MTV reality shows, but this one follows a former member of a defunct boyband as he tries to revive his music career and fight the cheesy boyband stereotype. It doesn't hurt that he and his girlfriend just had a really cute baby. It's great to see normal people on TV struggle through life's situations and then succeed.
Have a great Sunday!

...scout's lady

2 comments:

anne said...

I will have to check out that book!
LOVE Rishi, Barriques and There and Back too!

I still have to check out Belle and Sebastian

Yu Allen said...

Your blog is very interesting, would you like to try to share some tea articles from us? Email: naturalpuerh@gmail.com