Thursday, February 16

Snow day!!

Now it's the Midwest's turn! We're in the middle of a snow emergency, but due to the media's Northeastern (read: NYC, WDC, and Boston) bias, probably no one knows that we're getting as much snow as our NE friends. It's ok, though - I'm not bitter! :)


Here's the view from my back door. It's hard to tell how hard and fast it's coming down, but it's blustery!











Here's my driveway, along with Anne's car.

We're supposed to be in a "white-out" situation by this afternoon because the snow is coming down at a rate of 2" per hour.










I'll be staying home today - my s.o. is at work (boo!) - so I may be posting pictures of my snowman in a little while! :)

...scout's lady

2 comments:

sopheathene said...

Snowman, snowman! I want to see the snowman!

I think it is less that there is a Northeastern bias (although I will admit exists) as it is that the same amount of snow--in DC at least--that you hardy Midwesterners laugh at leaves us delicate city-dwellers stranded and helpless.

And wow--you told me on V-day that it was 50 degrees in Madison! What a difference two days can make. Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

Keep the snow pictures coming....

It makes me better understand what the weather my hearty wife endured as a child.

AND...yes, always remind us when the press doesn't cover the midwest, or the rocky mountains....