Saturday, January 7

Getting lost in Lost

Ingenius creator JJ Abrams has struck again. I should've known it was inevitable and that I shouldn't fight it. As we all know, history has a tendency to repeat itself.

First came Felicity. And I was sucked in to the ups and downs of the co-ed-next-door who survived college the same 4 years I was in school. What's not to love about the down-to-earth curly-haired girl who unwittingly captured the hearts of 2 young men? I couldn't help myself - I had to purchase all 4 seasons on DVD the minute they were released.

Then came Alias. Somehow, JJ Abrams managed to create a show where Felicity is in the CIA. Syd and Felicity share a vulnerability in relationships and a tenacity to do the right thing, and they always seem to prevail - Felicity in normal life, Syd as a spy. Oh, Sydney and Jack, will you be MY spy family? Vaughn, I'll go to Santa Monica with you and live happily ever after!

How a non-violent Texas girl relates to a spy chick, I'll never know, but leave it to JJ - he manages to reel in even the most macho of men (ahem, I'm not naming names!).

And now, there's Lost. It's almost impossible to ignore. Computer geeks are hypothesizing about what's next. Critics are raving and handing out awards. JJ strikes again. It seems absurd - 48 people marooned on a tropical (haunted) island are captivating America! Relatable? YES! Fathomable? no. Realistic? More so than Survivor!

Check it out. Join me and legions of fans who've fallen prey to JJ's creativity. I promise you'll like it.

...scout's lady

No comments: