Thursday, December 22

Airport mayhem...and we haven't even left yet!

PREFACE
My s.o. is a bad planner. He's knows this; I know this; anyone who knows him knows this.
Yours truly is a good planner. Call it genes, call it estrogen; whatever it is, I thrive on calendars and planning ahead.

A few things that make me happy:
1. Checking in online 24 hours before my flight. You can change your seat to exit rows or get bumped up to first class! What's more exciting than that?!
2. Better prices when you plan ahead.
3. More time to look forward to planned event!

But, the s.o. doesn't care about such mortal things.

STORY
We're both flying home today. He to Baltimore, me to Raleigh. We're on the same flight from Madison to Detroit (note: my good planning pays off!). I've arranged it so that we're sitting next to each other (yay!). (Small side note: I'm really excited to fly with him this evening. Here's why: every other time I fly, I wish I were somewhere else. With him. And the instant that we land, my phone is on, and I'm texting him. But today, there's nowhere else I'd rather be than beside him. Perfect contentedness.)

So, last night, he and I are discussing today. When I'll come home from work, when he'll come home, when we'll leave for the airport. The flight's at 6:09. It takes a healthy 30 minutes to get to the airport. When would you like to leave, I say. 5, he says. My heartrate quickens. Umm, I don't think so, I say. How about 4:15? 4:15?!? That's ridiculous. I don't want to sit in the airport all afternoon, he says. Yes, well, I want to actually MAKE the flight today, I retort.

My conflict skills rising to the occasion, I say, well, since you don't get stressed out if we're late, and I DO get stressed out if we're late, and you hate it when I get stressed out, why don't we just go with my plan?

Grumble grumble grumble.

He caved. We're leaving at 4:15.
THE END

Some would say I'm a handful. And to them, I say, bollocks to you! I'm just opinionated. And passionate. And a little neurotic. Nothing that a little medication can't tame. :)

Merry Chrismukkah, everyone!

...scout's lady

No comments: