Monday, November 7

The proud owner of a Poang

The funny thing about Poangs is that they sound a LOT cooler than they actually are.

What is a Poang?

A Poang could be a sub-species of koala bear (maybe it's the "oa" paired together that leads to the association).

A Poang could be a kind of deadly virus, spread only by blowing on a dandelion (I don't know how that would work, exactly).

A Poang could be a new dance move (but then I would surely not be the owner of one, given that I'm not one to dance with any real frequency).

But really, a Poang is simply a chair.

From IKEA.

Land of awesome, Swedish words.

Perhaps, on my next visit, I'll go for the Ektorp Tullsta.

Or the Klackbo. Or the Klappsta. The fun never ends! Where do they get these names?

Obviously, it's my bed time.

Signing off for now...Scout's Ekeskog.

2 comments:

anne said...

Yay for Ikea and good times with friends. I am so glad we went, and found some fun things...I hope you are enjoying your Poang chair...where do they come up with these names? They are great!

A

sopheathene said...

G-d bless IKEA. I love, love, love it! Isn't it nice to live close to one? When I was in Raleigh, my girlfriends and I would drive 5 hours to Woodbridge (south of DC) just to walk among all the oddly-named objects. But now I am mere minutes from Swedish delight!