Thursday, November 3

All hail the wonders of TiVo!


Now, I know that Anne is feeling conflicted about joining the noble ranks of cable subscribers and TiVo addicts, but I'm here to say that it's a wonderful world we live in!

My top two favorite things about TiVo:
  1. You can pause, rewind, and on-the-fly record LIVE tv. So, when the phone rings, oh! Pause, please. Or if you didn't quite catch that super witty line on Family Guy, oh! Rewind, please.
  2. TiVo suggests shows for you to watch. So, just as Miranda's TiVo got her hooked on Jules and Mimi (why doesn't that show exist?? There's definitely a market for it! Hello, interracial relationship soap opera!), my TiVo suggests fun shows for me, too. Guess what it records for me. Spanish soap operas, bull riding, and many many episodes of EXTRA. What does it say about my TV-watching tendencies that TiVo records such vile things, so certain that I'll just love the latest episode of Los Dias de Nuestra Vida?

It's okay, TiVo, I'm not offended. I could never be mad at my little buddy. Maybe it was my obsession with 90210 that led it to believe I would love ALL soap operas....

However, I must say, Anne, I agree with you - playing outdoors is much better than watching TV. And Salem's right - we should all kill our TVs.

How's THAT for contradiction?!

...Scout's lady (hee!)

2 comments:

anne said...

Great post...I love it. I am secretly pretty excited for TiVo. A whole new experience for me to love and enjoy.

anne said...

ps- YAY! We are going to IKEA!!